Food Preparer – Geneva, IL
Country Village Meats is all about meats crafted in the old-fashion butcher shop tradition. Our mission to make the finest tasting products via the artisan methods of years past and to provide friendly, helpful service to our customers guides all of us at Country Village Meats. As we open a second store location in Geneva, IL we need individuals who love to cook, eat, and share their culinary skills with our customers.
The Food Preparer at the Country Village Meats will wait on customers at our deli, and full-service seafood/meat counters. Prepare, package, and label meat for retail sale and customer specific orders. Create an engaging and informative shopping experience by building and maintaining merchandising displays that educate customers on the source, product benefits, and uses of our custom crafted meats along with other unique local and small business sourced products. The successful applicant will have a love of all things meat and be motivated to serve our customers with the highest quality products and services. Come help us create the same warm, friendly environment in Geneva that our employees and customers appreciate at our current location in Sublette, IL.
The starting wage for this position is $14-16 per hour, commensurate with experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Deliver superior customer service and ensures absolute customer satisfaction.
- Stock, cut, wrap, weigh, label, and price cuts of meat/seafood.
- Wait on customers at deli and full-service seafood/meat counters.
- Enter customer purchases, completes sales transactions at cash register.
- Ensure the selling floor is adequately stocked, neat, and accurately priced.
- Maintain appropriate stock rotation.
- Perform daily and weekly cleaning duties on various equipment, workstations, tools, restrooms, retail shopping area, parking lot, offices, etc.
- Ensure compliance with all laws, policies, and procedures.
- Ensure HACCP program and all food safety and health department rules and record keeping are maintained Follows all store and department policies and procedures.
- Follow all store and department policies and procedures.
- Follow all safety policies and procedures; is a safety role model.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Self-Control – maintain composure in a fast-paced environment
- Integrity – consistency of actions, methods, principles, expectations, and outcomes
- Dependability – demonstrated history of excellent attendance, being reliable, responsible, and fulfilling obligations
- Concern for Others – being sensitive to others’ needs and feelings while being understanding and helpful on the job.
- Stress Tolerance – accepting of criticism and dealing calmly and effectively in high-stress situations
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of and experience in a food-related retail store
- People skills
- Organization/Prioritizing skills
- Basic computer skills
- High energy level
- English fluency – oral and written
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret written instructions, company policies and procedures.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from owners, clients, customers, and the public.
- Ability to work with retail math concepts such as addition, subtraction, division, multiplication, percentages.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
Certificates, Licenses and Registrations
- Must successfully complete Food Handlers training upon being hired. The company will pay for training.
- Paid holidays
- Retirement savings plan with company match
- Caring, small team environment
- Must have the physical ability to walk and stand for extended periods of time, bend, kneel, climb, balance, and stoop to grasp objects, frequently push and pull up to 100 lbs., frequently lift loads up to 40 lbs.
- Ability to enter coolers and freezers thereby being subjected to and withstanding frequent temperature changes for extended periods of time.
- Work with knives, slicers, other meat preparation equipment.
- Must have a reliable source of transportation.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities.