The Food Preparer produces superior customer satisfaction within our small family owned and operated butcher shop. Join us in creating the warm, friendly environment our employees and customers have come to appreciate. At Country Village Meats your ideas and suggestions are welcome as we work together to provide superior service. You must have a love of all things meat and be motivated to help our customers with the highest quality products and services for which we are known throughout the Lee county area. The Food Preparer position is available as a part-time or full-time position.
• Help customers in retail store and answer customer phone calls.
• Package meat for retail sale and customer specific orders.
• Prepare and package portions of meat for use or sale in other retail establishments for our wholesale customers.
• Assist in processing meat into various ready-to-cook and ready-to-eat products, such as marinated meats, sausage, hams, bacon, beef jerky, and snack sticks.
• Wrap, label, pack and record customer orders of custom processed beef and hogs
• Clean equipment, workstations, etc. daily as needed.
• Prepare and stock meat cuts and products in display cases to attract shoppers.
• Aid customers in the retail store.
• Advise customers about products and services available.
• Prepare special cuts of meat ordered by customers.
• Wrap, weigh, label, and price cuts of meat.
• Document customer meat cutting instructions.
• Create operational records (e.g., HACCP records, temperature logs).
• Perform daily and weekly cleaning duties on various equipment, workstations, and tools.
• Friendly, approachable, out-going demeanor
• Must have excellent communication skills in order to communicate effectively with customers, store leadership, and fellow-team members.
• Well-organized and able to manage multiple workstreams.
• Must have basic knowledge of math, weights, and measures.
• Ability to prepare and weigh various amounts of meat and seafood.
• Good judgment and decision making
• Time management
• Group health, dental, and vision insurance (full-time benefit)
• Paid vacation (full-time benefit)
• Paid holidays
• Retirement savings plan
• Caring, small team environment
• Sundays and evenings off; business is closed on Sundays.
Work Environment & Physical Demands
• Must have the physical ability to walk and stand for extended periods of time, bend, kneel, climb, balance, and stoop to grasp objects, frequently push and pull up to 50 lbs., frequently lift loads up to 40 lbs.
• Ability to enter coolers and freezers thereby being subjected to and withstanding frequent temperature changes for extended periods of time.
• Work with cleaning agents, supplies, and tools.
• Some up and down stairs.
• Must have reliable source of transportation.
* The company reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities.